Do you ever just feel like life is moving so quickly and you've packed your life with so much that life is moving at warp speed ahead and you just can't take a second to enjoy it?
I do.
I went for a bike ride yesterday (training...) around Lake Calhoun and Lake of the Isles, and realized that summer is almost 1/3 over and I haven't even taken much time to wander to the lakes to read.. people watch.. eat a taco @ Lake Calhoun. Holy crap. I mean, I'm only going to be in Uptown for so long before fiance and I move (and those days might be more numbered than I thought).
So this weekend... in the middle of packing, training, moving things into storage, searching the internet for bridesmaids gifts, guest books, placecards, ect... I'm going to take a few minutes to just enjoy life.
*A trip to the farmers market in St. Paul - one of my favorite places in the twin cities I think. I know its kind of far away, but I'd rather make the trip and just hang out on an early Saturday morning. I think its better than sleeping in....
*Head to Lake Calhoun with a book (maybe a magazine.. lets be real here) and just people watch. Perhaps snag a delish taco from the little restaurant right on the water.
*Take a nice long relaxed bike ride around all 3 lakes.
*Kick off the weekend a little early with dinner tonight with one of my favorite people - Jess. We are trying out the new place in Calhoun Square - Uptown Cafeteria. I'll let you know what I think, don't worry.
Well until next time.. make sure to take a second and enjoy whatever you're doing.
No comments:
Post a Comment